Friends of Redcar held their first meeting today in front of 30 people. We'd like to thank Fred Brunskill and the Zetland Lifeboat Museum for allowing us to hold our first meeting here.
|Carl Quartermain, Fred Brunskill and Natalie Williams|
The main crux of this meeting was to formally establish roles for Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer. This was achieved with the help of John Colling from Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council who kindly came along to help us officiate. We also created a committee of 12 members and agreed on our constitution.
The main discussion points were related to;
- the reasons why we wanted to create this particular community action group
- the concerns surrounding Redcar beach
- the concerns regarding the Regent cinema
- the concerns regarding fracking in Kirkleatham
- efforts to approach similar groups in Redcar
- gaining knowledge and access to funding
- Plans, ideas and events
Thank you to all who attended and for the enthusiasm behind our discussions. We hope to make Redcar a better place by leading from the community. Join us and help bulk up our numbers. The more voices the harder it is not to listen. Our next litter pick is on Sunday 1st September at 10am starting at the Zetland Park roundabout. See you there.